Sunday, June 5, 2016

Bak Chang

This is Bak Chang (Hokkien), in English it can be called as stuffed glutinous rice. In Mandarin it is called ZongZi (粽子).

Bak Chang or ZongZi is usually stuffed with meat, egg yolk, dried prawn and squids slices, mushroom, chestnut and for a more luxury taste, sliced abalone can be added. It must be wrapped nicely with bamboo leaves else the content will come out and it will be a failure. It is usually cooked in water for 1.5 to 2 hours.

You can eat with Bak Chang with sauce that you like. I recommend sauce that has sweetness. Wasabi is a nice combination. Sesame mayo is good too. If you know Kampung Koh Chilli Sauce I believe that will be a nice one too!

(Somehow I don't think Sambal from Hokkien Mee is nice as I ate Hokkien Mee yesterday and I tried Bak Chang with the sambal but the sambal covered the taste of Bak Chang. I guessed Hokkien Mee's sambal was too savoury.

No comments:

Post a Comment